On behalf of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, the President of Sulaimani Polytechnic University, Asst. Prof. Dr. Hoshyar Abdullah Aziz participated in the meeting of the regular course of Iraqi technical universities which was held in Erbil. At the beginning of the meeting, Prof. Dr. Haider Abdulzahid, Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Federal Government of Iraq was present. He delivered a speech on the role of technical education in Iraq and presented the plan of the Ministry of Higher Education to promote technical education in technical universities, and link technical education to the labor market to prepare skilled graduates. He also encouraged high school graduates to go to technical universities so that they could find job opportunities, then highlighted the preparation of Iraqi technical universities to implement the Bologna process in their curricula. For this purpose, they should take advantage of the Kurdistan Regional Government’s Polytechnic universities, which have been implementing the Bologna process for several years. Another topic of the meeting was to change the system of Iraqi technical universities to polytechnic universities similar to the Kurdistan Region by establishing appropriate mechanisms. Afterward, the President of our University, on behalf of the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Kurdistan Region, delivered a speech and welcomed the deputy minister and the Presidents of Technical Universities of Iraq and Kurdistan. He expressed the readiness of the ministries and polytechnic universities of the Kurdistan Region to assist the Iraqi technical universities in terms of implementing the Bologna process in the curriculum.
It is worth mentioning that the meeting consisted of the following:
1. Prof. Dr. Haider Abdulzahid – Deputy Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research of the Federal Government of Iraq
2. Asst. Prof. Dr. Hoshyar Abdullah Aziz – The President of Sulaimani Polytechnic University
3. Prof. Dr. Idris Ahmed Harki – The President of Erbil Polytechnic University
4. Prof. Dr. Ari Adil Abdulqadir – The President of Duhok Polytechnic University
5. Prof. Dr. Alia Abbas Al-Attar – The President of Northern Technical University
6. Prof. Dr. Abdul Muhsin Naji Abdul Muhsin – The President of Middle Technical University
7. Prof. Dr. Mazhar Al-Zuhari – The President of Middle Euphrates Polytechnic University
8. Prof. Dr. Rabi Hashim Al-Abbasi – The President of Southern Technical University.