See for detailed in CDC website
CDC – SPU support students and alumni as they transform their passions, education, and skills into purposeful career paths by teaching lifelong career development strategies and by connecting our diverse students, alumni, and employers.
Committed to assisting students with making connections between their academic experience and career paths.
Provide career-related counselling, resources, and programs to help individuals clarify academic and career goals, establish career plans, develop job-search skills, and make successful career transitions. We build relationships with alumni, employers, and graduate schools to optimize internship, job, and career opportunities while also creating strategic partnerships with campus departments to assist students in developing and articulating co-curricular experiences that will help to ensure they are competitive in their future pursuits.
Educates, engages, and empower students and members of the SPU community in their discovery of purpose and their achievement of goals through discernment of emotional-social values, interests and skills regarding academic and intellectual development, and career and life choices.
Find job opportunity for Alumni students
find a workplace for internship students
We are committed to educating students and alumni through the use of personalized and innovative services, resources and technology, empowering them to make successful academic and purposeful career-related decisions to become talented professionals and positive contributors to society.
We want to become the bridge between Alumni, Students and Internship and Companies
We are committed to maintaining and fostering partnerships with employers, the academic community, and other university constituents, through providing information, programs, and outreach opportunities.
We value and serve the needs of a diverse community seeking career-related information and experience, and are committed to providing exceptional service in a welcoming, respectful environment.
We recognize the importance of systematic assessment to guide continuous improvement efforts and evidence-based decision making.
We pursue healthy and productive working relationships with our co-workers through open communication, mutual respect and consideration, and teamwork.
· Reaffirms and emphasizes the commitment to provide a comprehensive resource for all students and alumni and does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity sex, marital status, disability.
· Find job for Alumnus
· We are available to serve our colleagues seeking assistance with career-related issues
· We achieve these goals by creating resources and opportunities for emotional-social growth and exploration and through a dedication to our own professional growth and the field of career development
· Acquiring knowledge of self and of career options
· Gaining related experience and establishing professional networks
· Reflecting on experiences to shape their next steps
· Committing to on-going career development and professional growth
· Integrate with academics and partner with industry leaders to help students/alumni develop both professionally and personally
· Graduates will leave polished, competent, competitive and capable of navigating an ever-evolving world.
Staffing: Role and Responsibilities
The CDC members as shown in this photo (From right hand side of the photo is: Ms Banaz, Mr Ranj and Mr. Sarkhell)
Role and Responsibilities
Banaz N. Rashid (Ms)
Ranj H Majeed (Mr.)
SarkhellSirwan M (Mr.)
· Engage students and alumni with employers and experiential opportunities that help them reach their professional goals.
· Guide students and alumni as they explore their unique self (interests, values, personality, skills) as well as occupational possibilities.
· Educate students, alumni on the lifelong nature of career development, and as well as skills and strategies for identifying meaningful employment.
· Make better use of the web, databases, and other technology to broaden our reach and enhance our services to students and employers
Core Services/ Activities:
· Provide internship for students
· Providing newsletter to be send via email and via facebook page to all alumni
· Provide workshop for Writing CV, job interview technique and write cover letter, how to search for jobs
· Invite professionals to run a training course for Alumni
CDC located at Head building of SPU (Sulaimani Polytechnic University)
Sulaimani Governorate, Qirga,Wrme St. Mardin 327, Alley 76
More details in CDC website
Social Media Location: